Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Not enough sleepsies

I finally managed to nod off at 5:00 this morning but then woke an hour later, drifting in and out of sleep until the alarm clock started its daily altercation at 9:00. Tried burying the pesky thing under a pillow and pressing the sleep button every five minutes but in the end staying in bed seemed pointless. Throwing off the duvet, I caught the alarm before it tumbled onto the floor then sat up and managed to bang my head against the wall. Ouch! A slightly shaky start to a fresh day.

Outside is a wonderful, strange world of daylight - not a cloud to be seen. After a week of short days filled with gloomy wet skies, it's a reassuring change to see the Sun and feel a cool Winter breeze.

Is this the last Sunday? The last one before the Christmas and New Year Bank Holiday madness, I mean? I guess it must be. You know, if I hadn't written this post I would probably be blissfully unaware of just how close it all is. This business of blogging, of making you think, it's not always a good thing.

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page