Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Reasons almost two

Reasons one and one and a half.

Then there's remembering

Memory is a fragile thing and somewhere along the line, mine broke. I forget things, like the milk, the name of the person I’m speaking to, my bus pass, how to be nice, good memories, bad times.

I mean, have you ever been in a conversation with a mate, just about to tell him how many pairs of shoes your girlfriend of 10 years bought yesterday, when suddenly ... you, eh, can't remember her name?

What!?

Runs and hides under a bush. It's a bit like the deja Vu scene in the Matrix. Chatting away automatically, then ... stumbling silence! ... someone comes along with brain tipex and just wipes it out. Like there was a hole where her name should've been. I mean, she hadn't even been nasty to me (until she found out that is).

How can such a thing happen???

And that was just the start. I find my self flitting around like a lost butterfly, can’t concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes at a time. It could be a sign of age, or the onset of some age related psychological disorders that I don't even want to begin to think about. Luckily I can't remember what they're called.

But there are some benefits. It means you can forget old pain, it means you can make the same mistakes over and over again. It means I can listen to Dark Side of the Moon, after years of gritting my teeth at the most overplayed album ever to plague the planet's airwaves.

Now, what was I saying?

Oh yes, so you see this journal is mainly for me, so that I can look back in the days ahead and remember what's supposed to be on my shopping list.

"Carrots." Eh? "On the shopping list, carrots please, lots of nice fresh ones." Oh.


Currently playing: Remember You're a Womble, by eh ... ?
Mood: frustrated

Labels: ,

<< back to the Blog front page