Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Reasons one and a half

Reasons one can be found here.

But why make it public?

Why don’t I simply keep a private diary and avoid the risk of polluting the minds of ordinary mortals?

Well, if I kept a private journal then, well, eh, I wouldn’t keep one, if you see what I mean. It would only ever be looked at briefly, years or decades later, at the point where it got thrown out (I’m really not materialistic and hate junk and old things stored in corners). So simply because it might become clutter, I won’t keep a written journal. The idea that this ephemeral electronic data is stored somewhere away from my immediate vicinity, no mess on my desk, feels really neat. At a click, it can all be deleted if I feel the need for a digital spring clean.

There’s also a sense of responsibility involved with publishing a journal online, even when the only audience will him in the mirror. Not responsibility for what the content might be. That's a choice for the reader, and what's unsuitable in one person's mind is acceptable in another's. I mean a responsibility to write here. The Internet is a place of anonymous passers by. It doesn't matter whether visitors stop and say hello, it's just the knowing they're there that gives me the poke in the curlies needed to get writing. I'd have no motivation otherwise.

And anyhow, I just like being Bunnyman, and that's something that's only possible here.


Currently playing: Sex Dwarf, Christian Death
Mood: mischievous, teasing

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page