Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Burnt me nuts

I just burnt me pine nuts again!

I'm always burnin' me pine nuts. Why is it that when you watch them under the grill, they never do anything but as soon as you turn your back to wipe your greasy finger on a tissue, they burn? I mean, it was only a few seconds!

I turned round and there were those wiggling whispers of smoke curling up to the ceiling and creeping over to where the smoke alarm is. Quick then you got to rescue your nuts, open the back door, grab a tea towel and whirl it round and round under the smoke alarm, quick, quick, just like an airplane rotor, whisk all the smoke out before the thing goes off and wakes the neighbourhood.

Phew!

While I was adding me burnt nuts to the pan (they are still edible, you know, just a bit black), the radio started playing an old Maggie Bell song. Maggie Bell eh? Would you believe it? Bringing those memories all the way back from 1978. That's funny, -1978-, see that's almost a straight ... or is it a flush? No a flush is suits isn't it? Must be a straight. Well, almost.

...

Still, at least the pasta didn't go soggy this time.

Mmmm, pasta, pine nuts and saucy bits, yummy. I need a nice hot cup of coffee beans now ...


Listening to: sorry, didn't catch the name of that Maggie Bell track
Wondering: where this little moment of limpidity came from

Labels:

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 14:31 

ewwwww nuts in your pasta?
no thanks

Blogger Bunnyman said:(3/11/06 14:54 

Okay then fussy! I'll dish out your pasta before I put the nuts in. But you still got to wait for me before you start, cos it's only polite see, which means yours might be cold, so neh.

Now do you want parmesan on it?

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 15:38 

a bit of cheddar maybe - parmesan is smelly!

Blogger Bunnyman said:(3/11/06 15:53 

It's only smelly out of those supermarket pre-grated packets. Have you tried the fresh stuff? Tastes gorgeous and doesn't smell.

But you can have whatever you like. I'll get some cheddar in for when you're next round (and no nuts).

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 16:00 

no mushrooms or cream either....

Blogger Bunnyman said:(3/11/06 16:10 

so do you have pasta with your cheddar cheese?

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 16:48 

yes yes.
pasta and sauce and cheese

only cheddar
no mushrooms or cream inthe sauce
oh or olives
or fishy things

Blogger Bunnyman said:(3/11/06 16:55 

Okay, look I'm going to buy a special pan, just for your pasta. :)

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 16:57 

sorry

i gues i should be a tiwg being so fussy...sadly not

i like chocolate and bread and pasta and bad bad things!

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(3/11/06 16:57 

maybe i should learn to type as well

Blogger Bunnyman said:(3/11/06 17:01 

Don't worry, I use wholewheat pasta, it's better for you.
Now don't be telling me you don't like that either ...

<< back to the Blog front page