Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

A focused morning

It's morning!
I'm completely focused and ready for the day.
An MP3 player is wired to my earphone and I'm sitting at the computer, catching the news.
Just finished a breakfast of half a grapefruit and a nice mug of tea. Of course I have to have a tea towel tucked round my neck to catch the squirts - don't you find that grapefruit just squirts juice everywhere?

Lets see, peace talks, Bush condemns, three killed, riots, free speech under threat ...
All very fascinating but I do fancy another mug of tea!

Okay, gather up the mug, breakfast clutter, downstairs to the kitchen ...
MP3 is playing - Air, "Kelly Watch the Stars", a kind of innovative, but lighter than air song that just floats around and carries you right off.

Tidy things up, put things away.

You know the fascinating thing about this song by French band Air, is that part way through, they do this piano bit which is straight out of Alice Cooper's "My Stars" from the 1972 "Schools Out" album. Funny how you notice these things isn't it?

Now, kitchen ... kitchen ... what am I doing here?
Eh, not sure. Not to worry, quite fancy a mug of tea though, don't you?
... okay, boil the kettle, grab a tea-bag ...

... um, hold on, where's my mug gone?

My special tea mug, could've sworn I had it a minute ago,

hmmm, a mystery ... mug ... mug ... oh muggy, muggy where are you?

Ah, okay, maybe I don't want tea after all.
No! No tea, how about some cereal instead?
Yes, cereal sounds good, milky, crunchy, cereal. Lots of nuts, yes!
... grab my cereal bowl, now where's the cereal?

... open the cupboard, what's this ... ?

found my mug

Ah ha!! Mug found, mystery solved.
I do like mysteries just at that precise point when they've been all worked out and the answer pops right up, and suddenly, they're not mysteries any more.

Hey-hey, it's a good morning after all, wee-heeee.

Time for a tidy up.
in the bin with the grapefruit ... hang up the tea towel,
Wash the spoon ... put it away,
wash the cup ... into the drying rack.
Efficiency you see, Bunny people are very neat and tidy, especially on focused mornings.

Now. What am I doing with this bowl?

(scratches head) eh, that's funny ... maybe I was putting it away ... yes, that must be it.

okay ... all done in the kitchen ... back up to blog, yes, talk to my blogging friends, yippee!!

Okay I think I'll write a post. What can I talk about?
Hmmm ... (thinks) ... actually, just before doing that, I quite fancy a nice mug of tea ... and come to think of it, some breakfast too ... let's pop off down to the kitchen ...

MP3 is playing Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, "Deja Vu". Now there's a great old classic, isn't it ... ?

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page