Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

A dying movement?

-- Edit: this entry was a bit too long so I've split it into three separate posts, sorry for any confusion --


According to a BBC News article Blogging is set to peak next year and 200 million people have already stopped updating their blogs.

"Those who loved blogging were committed to keeping it up, while others had become bored and moved on ..."

Perhaps then, we might soon be part of a dying movement of bored bloggers?

I must admit to finding blogging a challenge and that'll probably still be the case in 2007, but Little Stitches will still continue - even if I'm unsure where it's going to be hosted in the medium term.

Technocrati is still a puzzle - apparently it tracks more than 57 million blogs, although that doesn't include this one because I haven't listed it there yet. I have a conflict, you see, between liking the idea of increased exposure, but not wanting to be 'found' by a tiny minority of people I know personally. I'm hoping that one or two changes in circumstances might make this less of an issue next year.

On this blog's visual front, I have been wondering how many dial-up modem minutes it must take to load ten of my scribbled entries, together with background and sometimes post images. Displaying ten posts on the front page is quite useful for catching the eye of passing newcomers but I wonder if this visual paraphernalia is a headache when all you've got is a telephone line? Usually I try to provide alternate text for pictures so hopefully it should all load and still make sense for those who prefer to disable images in favour of faster downloads.

I also wonder whether anyone out there quietly smoulders about reading light text over a dark background, something I sometimes find difficulty with on other sites.

You would tell me, wouldn't you? I'll even share one of my dried dates (sorry, the larder is a bit bare today) if you tell me at least one thing that doesn't work or doesn't look right about this blog or is even downright annoying.

And no, no, that doesn't mean you can say the content is annoying, just the look ;-)

Okay, that's my blog ramble done for the day.

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page