Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Too many notebooks?

I've just mislaid a notebook. It's the yellow one with the black rings, my back-up notebook. Ooooh this is so annoying!! It's not over there, nor in favoured rucksack. I've checked the fridge and the toaster.

I have a notebook for photography, one for painting and art (quite empty this one), one for reading and writing, one general 'always on my desk' notebook, a PC/Linux quick ref notebook, one 'always with me' notebook that stays in my rucksack, one back-up 'always with me' notebook, in case I lose the first one, a holiday notebook, a car/driving notebook, an electronic diary/address/lists notebook, a 'heard on the radio' notebook ... eleven so far ...

See it's because I'm not good at working with these digital Palmy things and I generally need to leave a notebook conveniently placed near the thing I'm making notes about.

Losing notebooks using this system happens often. I wonder if I need a notebook to keep a track of my notebooks? Maybe I should reduce the number of notebooks before I get to thirteen?

Wait! Found it, ha-ha diddly-dee. It was under art notebook (the empty one), which was under my blank unused artist's sketch pad, which was under my unused copy of "Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered", which was under the A4 folder that's been holding some of my post scribbles. As you can tell, I have a very organised desk here at my blog station and everything has its place.

Now then what on earth did I want it for ...


Listening to: Neil Young, "Helpless"
Wondering: where I put the toast?

Labels:

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(9/10/06 09:24 

well my little love bunny - that is a whole lot of notebooks! do you often write much in them? i'd love to have notebooks but i don't think enough to fill one up!

Blogger Bunnyman said:(9/10/06 12:59 

Hello Buttons. Well they are carefully placed to catch my rare thoughts wherever they happen to spill out, although I get quite confuzzled when I'm playing with cameras and stumble into my 'heard on the radio' notebook.
Of course they do rely on thoughts and organisation, all these notebooks.
I have to ask myself why my desk is strewn with loose-leaf pages when I have all these notebooks. Sometimes I staple these together in bundles and put them aside on mountain-stack for copying into a not yet bought notebook.

I'd much prefer to simply be a sideways person.

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(9/10/06 13:34 

well i'm still not really sure what being sideways is.... maybe i should get a notebook to write down things that i think are sideways...

Blogger Bunnyman said:(9/10/06 13:45 

Well if you do, I'd really like to peek over your shoulder. Do you think I could be an apprentice sideways person? Is it hard to learn?
Maybe I'm to far gone being upright ...

Blogger pink jellybaby said:(9/10/06 14:25 

well i think it's just a different way of looking at things. just instead of thinking of the why and how, i just come to my conclusion and that's it because it just is....

you can do it!

Blogger Bunnyman said:(9/10/06 14:46 

You just come to your conclusion? Because it just is....?
That sounds much too much like magic to me. I think I'll just have to pop over and get you to be sideways for me, on those days when I need sideways-ness :)

Blogger hollly said:(9/10/06 14:46 

I love my little black notebook. Where would we be without notebooks? I would be writing on my hand, swimming off schedule, and mad at my mom continually. With my notebook I am none of these. Cheers to finding your notebook and not losing those stray sentences that flip past you at the speed of light.

Blogger Bunnyman said:(9/10/06 15:14 

Welcome Holllyberrry :)
Those sentences ... they do zip past ever so quickly. Just last night, several idea thoughts were popping by for brief bedtime visits before flying off again, then I realised that a bedside notebook wasn't among my various notebooks! Got one now but I'm hoping a couple of those ideas I missed, might come back for a return visit.

Blogger hollly said:(10/10/06 18:09 

Definitely! I'm surprised that you don't have a bedtime notebook already! Dreams can sometimes get lost beneathe the pillow of sleep. Nobody wants to lose a dream. Good luck to recapturing those that have escaped.

<< back to the Blog front page