Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Winifred's not well

It's been quite a busy week. I've been off visiting people who apparently needed visiting (I think it's called keeping up appearances), fixing a broadband and email connection for a friend of the family, and helping someone else replace his dial-up connection with broadband.

And all this damp weather seems to be bringing on Winifred's arthritis. I tried giving her the usual loving care and attention but she's still creaking a bit at the joints. Might have to get the stethoscope out over the weekend and find out what's wrong. Have I mentioned Winifred before? Perhaps not. Okay then this is probably a good time to explain that Winifred is actually my car. She's normally quite a healthy little motor so I hope it's nothing serious - could do without the expense of having to take her to the car surgery right now.

There's a special treat for me this evening - BBC2 are showing a documentary about Wheatfield with Crows, one of the last paintings completed by Vincent Van Gogh before he took his own life. It's on at 9p.m. and someone is taping it for me so I should get to see it sometime tomorrow if all goes well. A full size, framed print of this painting is hanging on the wall beside me and it's probably my most prized possession after my climbing boots, computer and broadband cable. I'll be very curious to see what the program has to say about it.

an image of Wheatfield with Crows

By the way, has anyone noticed that Bloglines has been playing up a bit recently? Every now and then have to shut down their feed reading service for maintenance, but this week it seems to have been happening quite a lot. Maybe it's just the cold weather? There was also a problem getting onto 20Six yesterday - I received the slightly upsetting message that my blog didn't exist any more. Quickly checking some other 20Six blogs, I was relieved to find that at least I hadn't been singled out; they'd all been zapped. Maybe it was a server failure and they were having to restore everything from a backup? Seems to be okay now though.

Listening to: The soundtrack to Lord of the Rings
Wondering: why the colours black and yellow go so well together ...

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page