Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Critters

Saturn and Venus were visible together in the night sky last weekend. I wonder if this is what's been causing me to feel quite uppity all week. Astrology is not one of my strengths (I do actually wonder whether it's all just a pile of poo).

All this uppity-ness has been caused by some little critters living in my head who have been at loggerheads. Normally I can shepherd them all together and get them to work as a team, but the last few days have seen constant battles and fisticuffs.

Trying to take charge, has been 'paranoid me', who jumps at the sound of a hard disk chattering unexpectedly and some days walks around in camouflage hoping no-one will even see him. He's been out in force, analysing things to death.

There is undoubtedly a Mr cheeky in here too, a brash character who does better in the pub with a climbing or rugby crowd. I have problems with this Bunny. He's hard to control sometimes and I have been trying to kick him into touch. You can see I don't like to think of him as me. It's not that I want to evade responsibility, but I do need to see him as a side of my character that should be tamed. He's been responsible for frequent feelings of bitterness since the little big bang.

And of course, there's 'silly me'. When the world is going wrong he's the one I bring out to stop the other me's going potty. Right now with Lebanon teetering, Iraq about to plunge into civil war and a certain new western religion trying to spread the gospel across the globe, I need a lot of silliness to stay sane.

My limbs are stiff and the mountains are calling, so it's time to take all these guys off for an enforced team building exercise. Most likely, I'll head down to the Lakes for a few days, get some fresh air and do some critter bashing.

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page