Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

A week

It's been a hard week.

I don't mean the daily grind, routine gripes, sleep struggles, but with the fabric, with life's latticework.

Since Tuesday, I've been trying to write two posts although to be honest, they're so interwoven they could be expressed as one. After my 12th draft, I feel no closer to completion than at the beginning. If I'd befriended a deity, that deity would presumably have been patiently watching me go through this torture. Unfortunately, no deity I've met to date has been willing to act as more than a passive voyeur.

This is becoming a serious blockage, one that I now have to put aside. Others have written these things before and found ways of doing so. I must go, read, find my way over this particular hurdle, take some inspiration, steal an idea.

Every week needs balance, but balance this week is proving elusive.

The experiences of others can sometimes help us gain perspective on our own trials and for that reason, I'll include the following quote from a blogger.

"I just wish they would take the oil and go..." - Riverbend

Labels:

Blogger hollly said:(14/10/06 03:30 

It seems to me that during/after 12 drafts a blog might become less than fun for the one who's writing it. I read a blog recently (could have sworn it was yours or a comment of yours) where the writer said they just have to write their blogs and not read them over and over again or else the blog would never be published because self editing could continue infinitely. sometimes you just need to push the publish button and leave it at that...unless you enjoy the editing?

Blogger Bunnyman said:(14/10/06 03:45 

Much less than fun, a sore trial in fact.
Don't think that was me, Holllyberrry, although I can use that advice.

Sadly the problem isn't in the editing, if it were only that then I'd finish quickly. The difficulty is with the content.

I'm going to post something else over the weekend about this, methinks.

<< back to the Blog front page