Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

A multipleoid

The other day I stumbled on one of those daft blog quizzes, a personality disorder test on 4degreez.com. It's worrying sometimes how easy it is to become distracted. After quizzing me on my mental sanity, it came up with this comforting diagnosis:


DisorderRating
Paranoid:Very High
Schizoid:Very High
Schizotypal:Very High
Antisocial:Low
Borderline:Moderate
Histrionic:Moderate
Narcissistic:High
Avoidant:Very High
Dependent:High
Obsessive-Compulsive:  High

Well that's nice, isn't it. I've been diagnosed with multiple disorders by an "interactive community for teenagers and twenty-somethings".

It does make me wonder just what the motivation is behind many of these silly quizzes. Probably it's to boost site rankings or entice you into buying something. I also wonder how many are actually fronts for something more dubious, like a 12-year old in China, exploring the latest browser security flaws with an unsuspecting population of internet guinea pigs. This is of course, just my own paranoid, schizotypal view.

So it seems that I have several conditions of the brain which end in "-oid". Well I'm actually quite happy to be an oid, and feel much better for being several of them at once. There's a comforting feeling that comes with knowing you are at least anchored somewhere in the shifting seas of sanity, even if the GPS is giving off an odd reading.

Comfortable in sanity - to be or to have, which is it I wonder?

If you really are quite bored and feel compelled to prove your own (in)sanity, the site can be found here. I can't vouch for it's validity though.


Listening to: The Kinks, "Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues"
Feeling: guilty - I lied - I'm not really listening to that song

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page