Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

The danger of falling asleep at parties

Just occasionally the unexpected happens and whisky causes brain to engage even if it makes typing difficult. A memory has just flown in. I guess its mine and it sounds like mine, I'm just surprised to have it pop back so clearly after so long.

I have to get it down here else it'll disappear for another 30 years.

...

Prospective Bunnypartner and I were at a party (a friend of a friend), As the night wore on and people were starting to flag, we took the opportunity to pop into a spare bedroom. You know, for a "chat" on the bed.

I guess drink took its toll and we were both feeling tired, so we fell asleep.

Well I woke up sometime later and I could hear voices, just behind me in the same room. As I slowly took stock of our 'predicament', I realised I had my hand inside bunnypartner's pants. You know, wedged in that front bit. And bunnypartner had her hand firmly attached in mine. And our clothes were still on, just, but kind of all unbuttoned to make access easier.

Slow dawning horror, eased only marginally when I realised the voices must have been sitting on the floor and chatting.

Now I realised that it probably wasn't a good idea to pop right up, with bunnypartner's hand round my toothpaste tube and say "Hi", so I had to slowly wake bunny, hand over her mouth making a silent shushing gesture. At first she was groggy, then puzzled, then that unmistakeable expression of panic ...

Have you ever tried to pull clothes back on, button up in extremely slow motion while trying to make it seem as if you were in noddy land?

Ten minutes later, we were just about presentable enough to start making pretend waking up noises. I thought we might have gotten off the hook but when I turned, there was the party's host and 3 housemates sat around a Cluedo board, "If you two have finished playing Doctors and Nurses up there, we've been waiting to start a game and Mrs. Peacock and Professor Plum are still free."
image of a shy smiley

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page