Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

an update

I'm still having trouble remembering how to blog. Is there a medication for this type of painless but frustrating ailment? Perhaps a laxative of some kind? I must have a look through the bathroom cabinet, bound to be something there, maybe behind the out of date cough mixture. Meanwhile here's some bullet point blogging.

I'm very relieved to see that Riverbend posted this week. Following her 10 week hiatus I had feared the worst. Her subject matter doesn't make fun reading but nevertheless I'm much happier knowing she's still alive and able to post, though that in itself must be incredibly difficult.

The BBC's 2006 Children in Need appeal is under way. This aims to help fund selected charities, supporting children who have been abused, bullied, or who may be disabled, ill or homeless.
I have knowledge from childhood, of both bullying and abuse, so any and all support directed at these types of charity gets you a gold star here and maybe even my last chocolate too.

The Goldfish has posted an excellent article which provides a much needed reality check on the current veil debate.

Sadly, spam is bombarding this blog constantly now, so although I'd prefer not to, I've left the spam filter enabled for comments. I'm really sorry if this is a pain for anyone.

I've been avoiding a software update to my PC (Linux) for months, afraid of losing the ton of electronic data that's sitting precariously on my hard disks. Unfortunately, during a fit of paranoia I built a customised operating system which, although very secure, was ridiculously complex. The process to untangle this complexity is likely to be time consuming, but rest assured that if I don't post or comment for week or two, it won't be because I've expired.


Listening to: Pink Floyd, "Echoes"
Wondering: whether I really need female hormone therapy in order to multitask?

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page