Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Black tie and sh---

I've had a couple of days of an embarrassing and unsociable mini-ailment that's kept me mostly indoors.

... okay then I've had the shits.

Feels like a family of miniature Alien life forms, battling it out to see which will be first to rip open my stomach and pop it's little head out. And there's this racket coming from my music speakers - a chant by some Buddhist monks. I have a lot of respect for Buddhism but this isn't a good day for inner peace, in fact these particular monks have become so annoying that I've now given them the day off and switched to very early Tangerine Dream: mildly chaotic but soothing.

Yesterday I had to wear my black tie and funeral face. They're odd things funerals, it's hard to associate all the ritual and ceremony with the person who's gone, much easier to say goodbye to the spirit, alone and in private. I'm probably alone in this feeling though, the others seemed to need the event and the presence of the body to help them say their goodbyes. In this case, a faulty body for what had been an alert mind.

On a much brighter note, I'll always remember him with a smile. A kindly, bright and friendly soul.

He would have laughed, me going to a funeral with a stomach rumbling intermittently like an old style coffee percolator. Quite a challenge in the silent moments.


Feeling: physically unsettled.

Labels:

Anonymous Anonymous said:(21/9/06 04:31 

Hi Bunnyman

Thanks for stopping by my blog...

That could be one of the bravest things I've ever heard, going to a funeral in that condition, but one really doesn't have a choice, do they...

I hate funerals and if I have any warning of my own impending demise, I won't be attending my own. I will instead head deep into the woods where I can die in peace and rejoin the ecosystem. Upsetting to some, perhaps, but all in all, the way I would prefer to go...

Blogger Bunnyman said:(21/9/06 04:32 

Hi Dagoth,

You have the honour of being the first to set foot in my Blogspot space. Thanks. Your visit also highlighted a comment link that had broken since my move from Blogger to Blogger Beta, hopefully now fixed.

You're right, sometimes attendance is compulsory and it was on this occasion, rumblings and all.

We share the same philosophy to our own passing. I'll be heading to the high hills though. It's the roots of struggling mountain alpines and shrubs that I'll be nourishing.

<< back to the Blog front page