Little Nothings

Pieces of a discrepant diary

Burnt Soup

It's just happened again. This is becoming an unfortunate but regular habit. I like soup. I know it's in a can but it's fairly healthy and is easy and quick to make. I've found that if you leave it on a very low heat, from cold, for about 33 minutes, it cooks perfectly (I don't like Microwaves).

The only thing is remembering when the 33 minutes are up. There is a timer I use for various things but I keep it in my den, not in the kitchen. The problem is that during the 20 second walk between kitchen and den, I forget to set the timer. I've tried hurrying, leaving the kitchen repeating the word, "soup", over and over, and tying a little piece of red cord around my finger.

Sometimes I get back to my desk and find a curious thing, a little piece of red cord tied around my finger. No idea why it's there, so I generally untie it and put it in my pocket.

I can smell it now. that smell of soup that's been burning for over an hour.


Listening to: Faust "Its a bit of a pain" play this music
Wondering: how I'm going to clean the pan

Labels:

<< back to the Blog front page